What qualities should an aspiring entrepreneur possess – Resilience, patience and ambition
Did you ever regret any decision you made in the last 5 years – not a single one, infact I stand by every decision I have made. If I were asked what I wished to have changed from my 8 yrs at Antal experience, it would probably be strategizing for a more aggressive growth.
- What’s you fitness mantra? – An hour at the gym every morning, eat reasonably well and play field games. Most of all, remain positive and keep smiling.
- Tell us something about your family – Nisha, my soulmate for nearly 20 yrs now. We got married 14 yrs ago and have two lovely kids. Chloe, 10 yrs now was born in London, loves music and dance that she is learning professionally. Aaron, 7 yrs now was born in Mumbai and loves to play football and is as nutty as me.
- Favourite Destination: Of the holidays I have had thus far, it has to be Antarctica. Calm, serene, nature, waters, ice, sea creatures – name it and Antarctica has it all.
- How do you balance your professional & personal life? – I wish I had a magic wand to manage this, all I can say is having an office near home helps to balance work and life to quite an extent.
- Hobbies – Biking, I love to go around biking trails and wish to soon set off on Route 66.
- Proud Antal Moment – Consecutively winning Best Office of The Year award in 2012 & 2013 as well as the Chairman’s Award for Excellence in 2013.
- What keeps you motivated to do the same job every day? – The hope of creating an organisation that produces capital valuation returning to both investors and colleagues much beyond what they ever anticipated to achieve.
To end the interview we have a small note from Mr. Doug Bugie President Antal International Network who would like to give us some insights on Joe
“Joseph Devasia is my idea of ‘renaissance businessman’, meaning, he can do it all: He’s a great Executive Recruitment Consultant, he can hire and develop very fine people and teach this business at the desk or managerial level. He understands technology and what it can do, he understand public relations, he understand markets, he is effective with economics, he can talk world issues, he is multicultural, he ‘get it’ completely about franchisee -franchisor relations, he is trusted friend, counsellor to myself, he’s a man with a big heart, deep soul, I simply cannot say enough good things about him…but I am going to!
He is also a tireless advocate of Antal and understands that there is no substitute for hard work.
He has been recognized for that. I have seen Joe in action, up close and personal ever more than 14 trips to India since I started with Antal.
Antal is getting great, fast, and will get better and greater because Joseph Devasia just gets on with leadership, with strength and equally with caring about the people in the Antal family. He continues to learn.
Joe and I don’t always agree, but so what? There is mutual respect and understanding. We all want to win and with Joe leading not only India, but influencing all of Antal, we will find ways to win.
Nothing is more important to Joe than his family and his religion; this is what counts most to him. He lives it.
Joe has excellent support from his management team (Ferzyn, Roger, Shivi, Trina who are supported in the network by Shinu & Gina) his family as well as his partners, (Mr. Joyas John and Mr. Purvin Patel). He derives great strength and advice from them.
I hope and trust Joe will be part of our lives and businesses for many years to come.”